[WT-support] VHF.DTB updating

Gordon gordon.paterson at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Oct 11 00:54:11 CEST 2007

Just another quick take on updating the VHF.DTB.

I am very happily using Wintest for the RSGB activity nights and other VHF
contests. I can confirm that using the update database feature of Wintest,
did worki properly until a recent update. It successfully stored the
callsign and locator details as expected. I noticed just before a recent
test that new calls from the previous month were not found although I had
"updated".  Further investigations found that V3.15 wasn't working, V3.16
also not working.   I went back to V3.12 installation and it is updating the
VHF.DTB correctly. I didn't try V3.14.

So, for the last 6 months or so, the update database feature has definitely
been working for me but something appears to have changed which has disabled
it. For info, I also do a new installation each time rather than an upgrade
and I tried on two seperate pc's with same results each time.

Hope this helps.

Gordon
MM0GPZ

Checked by AVG Free Edition.