[WT-support] VHF.DTB

Patrick 9A5CW pat.9a5cw at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 00:01:49 CEST 2007

Hello,
I have done copy paste into Notepad script from Wiki WT pages, saved like
VHF_dtb.pl. Downloaded Perl for windows (or dos).
After that opened 9a5cw_iaru.edi with notepad, deleted EDI info header...
After that imported the modified EDI log into MS EXCEL, every column
different data.
When import is done, deleted all columns except CALL, LOCATOR (worked Call,
worked Loc).
Saved file 9a5cw_iaru.db (or .txt) rename later.
If u check that file in notepad, file looks like this:

9A5CW JN65UF
OK0KKK JN99HH
F5FD JN23AT

etc...

I have modified all my EDI files from contests worked in 2005,2006,2007,
saved them with different names in a new folder.
In the same folder u must copy VHF_dtb.pl , open the command prompt window
in that folder (dont forget to install PERL b4 run VHF_dtb.pl),
And just type VHF_dtb.pl press >ENTER< ;)
If everything is ok u will have VHF.dtb file in that folder and file will
look like this:

2A0BQI/P      IO85MM      2A1BGZ        IO86JC      2C6VZW
IO81MM      2D0BCR        IO74XB      2D0MSF        IO74TH
2D0NOT        IO74QA      2E0ACE        IO92UO      2E0AFK
IO70MM      2E0AJE        IO93MM      2E0AKH        IO91PH
2E0AOZ        IO93IQ      2E0APY        IO92KX      2E0ARB
IO91LC      2E0ARB/P      IO91NE      2E0ATF        JO00DX

Copy VHF.dtb in program files/win-test folder... and use it in win-test...
Sorry for my bad english... hope someone understand.. ;).
73 and GL with building DTB file...

Patrik, 9A5CW

p.s. PERL LID, i dont know nothing to do with PERL... never tried to learn
it! maybe one day...
p.s.s. http://www.9a1p.com/9a5cw/vhfdtb.exe self extracting file!! my VHF
database with 3 files

On 10/5/07, Baker <baker at nildram.co.uk> wrote:

> Ah, that explains it.
>
> I wonder if someone has written a similar program  in VB,  as Perl and I
> are
> strangers...
>
> 73
> Stewart G3RXQ
>
> On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 17:32:29 +0200, Laurent HAAS - F6FVY wrote:
> > Hi Stewart
> >
> > Stewart Baker a écrit :
> >
> >> I am trying to add callsigns and QRA's to the VHF.DTB file, but am
> having no
> >> luck.
> >>
> >> From post/help etc it looks like all one has to do is press Update
> Database
> >> under the Files menu. I tried this with log data that was not in the
> .DTB
> >> file,
> >> but nothing appears to have been added.
> >>
> > It only works with contest-specific database files (ie most of the HF
> > contests).
> >
> > You can't modify the default HF.DTB and VHF.DTB files within WT itself.
> >
> > You can get here
> >

> http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Database_Files#Brewing_your_own_Database_file
> >
> > some help to do so.
> >
> > DL6RAI describes on that page a way to do it in Perl.
> >
> > 73
> >
> > Larry - F6FVY

9A5CW - Patrik Hrvatin