[WT-support] CQWW CW : another great WinTest weekend! A few comments

Dave Sharred g3nkc at md4k.com
Mon Nov 26 19:05:27 CET 2007

Hi All

I upgraded to V3.18 before the contest; I don't need convincing that WT is
great; I really like it ! But, I had a couple of issues that I hadn't seen
before :

I use a Micro Ham USB II as the rig and CW interface.  PC runs XP on a
Compaq laptop.

1 )  First problem was for some reason, I couldn't get the PC to key the
radio.  From the USB II, I could test the RTS and DTR, and all was OK.

I was wondering what I was doing wrong; but couldn't see anything. This
cured itself with a complete reboot of the PC. Strange . WT wasn't talking
to the USBII.

2)  - I noticed that the CW speed seems to be a bit more erratic than usual.
It seems to be not so well controlled; and was irregular in speed. I don't
know if any of the code changes have caused this, but I have never noticed
it before.  Maybe I will have to move to a WinKey device in future ??

3) - Don't know why the link to the Paris Telnet cluster should fall over;
but I seemed to get disconnected too many times. I use WiFi to the house PC,
but this is normally very stable. If it wasn't a problem at the Cluster end,
then maybe it is disconnects from within  WT ???

Anyway; I am of course still happy with WT !

73

Dave
G3NKC

PS - I will look at my problem on WT 3.16 again later