[WT-support] remote command for clear logs?

Mario Lorenz ml-wt at vdazone.org
Thu Nov 22 23:29:07 CET 2007

Am 22. Nov 2007, um 14:17:42 schrieb Bob Wilson, N6TV:

> This is such a great tip -- thanks!  I added it to the Wiki, plus some links
> to it from elsewhere in the documentation.
>
> http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Multi-op/Clearing_all_logs_before_the_start

Bob,

the description on the wiki is somewhat misleading.
You do NOT need to run the command on all machines; you rather use the
REMOTE command facility and issue the command TO all machines.

It should be mentioned that you should make sure that ALL machines are
online at the time you do this; for you will screw up your log if you
test with that laptop the day before, and then connect the laptop after the
clearlog was done -- you will now sync the old test data into your live
log. While the time stamps make it easy to filter these QSOs later, you
might have forgotten to work that mult as it was already in your log.

Also, advising for the autobackup facility to be turned off is a bad
idea. I suggest having it turned on on at least one or two stations,
backing up to disk, with the timestamps turned on. That way, you can
recover (most of) your log, if for whatever reason the CLEARLOGNOW
command gets executed during the contest...

Mario

--
Mario Lorenz                            Internet:    <ml at vdazone.org>
                                        Ham Radio:   DL5MLO at DB0ERF.#THR.DEU.EU