[WT-support] Combine Ctrl-TAB, Alt-Y and Alt-F4

Bernhard Buettner DL6RAI wintest07 at dl6rai.muc.de
Thu Nov 22 22:55:27 CET 2007

Some notes from last contest weekends just popped up. This one
mostly is about RUN S/P switching, and RUN MULT status.

Here is an idea that came up during WAE RTTY. We heavily used the
two different keyboard modes RUN and S/P, which you can switch using
Ctrl-TAB.

a) While CQing on a frequency with a low rate, you sometimes go to
check for mults in the Announce window. When clicking on a spot,
it would be desirable to also switch to S/P mode, because that's what
you'll need in that situation. And when you return to the CQ frequency,
you would like to switch back to RUN mode.

So instead of

<click>
Ctrl-TAB
work the DX
Alt-F4
Ctrl-TAB
F1

you would do

<click>
work the DX
Alt-F4
F1

b) Alt-Y in a Multi-Single environment switches a RUN station into
the MULT status or vice versa. At the same time, it would be desirable
also to switch from RUN mode to S/P mode - and vice versa.

so instead of

Alt-Y
Ctrl-TAB

you would do

Alt-Y

c) For the first few hours, we often forget to switch between RUN
and MULT status. Later in the contest we have to go back to the
beginning of the log and do a lot of Alt-Y Alt-Y Alt-Y. CT used to
display MULT status with the band information written in white color
on a blue background, while the RUN status was displayed using black
color on the default cyan background. It was a little more obvious then.
Could it be implemented in Win-Test too?

Of course you will probably want to make all of these, should you
decide to implement them, an optional feature.

73 Ben, DL6RAI