[WT-support] "Info" Field in DX-ped mode

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Mon Nov 12 20:56:53 CET 2007

Hi Nigel

Nigel G3TXF a écrit :

> However the field itself is quite limited. It will only take UPPER-CASE
> text and it won't allow you to put in a SPACE. It is also a bit SHORT to
> be of much use.
>
> [It feels as if the input mask characteristics of the CALLSIGN field
> have just been copied to make the INFO field?].
>
> The current INFO Field is only 13 characters long (same as the CALLSIGN
> field).
>
> Without being greedy, it'd be nice if the INFO field (a) could be at
> least 25 characters long and (b) that it allowed normal free text with
> spaces etc.

1/ We can't get a longer size today because of the file structure. We
will maybe consider its size in the next major release, even if I think
that the Alt-N (note) is the way to go for this (as well as a fancy
formatting). Remember that WT is *not* (and will never be) a general
logger. The DXPed is almost itself an accident ;-)

2/ You can use the space char in the info field, assuming you don't use
it to *access* the field ! Check the Options / DXPed submenu (only
visible when opening a DXPed file, of course).