[WT-support] WAE RTTY

Winter, Andreas andreas.winter at siemens.com
Mon Nov 12 18:42:02 CET 2007

Hi,

Having used Win-Test in WWDX, Fieldday, WAG, IOTA, WAE ... everything
worked very fine and safe - no complains.
Thanks for this superb software.

The implementation of the WAE RTTY was a great gift.

Some issues which might be corrected:

- If a QSO with QSO-number 0 (000) is sent in a group of QTC's (using
"INS" Key), the transmission of the subsequent QTCs is aborted
E.g. if QTC 6 has QSO number 000, the transmission of said QSO number
(000) wont be done and the following QTCs (7-10) won't be send.

- MMTTY has the function to switch between letter and figure with right
mouse-click of the (selected) word.
You use a differnt window (RTTY) for displaying the decoded characters.
Might it be possible to include this function or to do a selective
switch between letters and figures for a selected transmitted group of
charactes / word or group of words? (With right mouse click you get
another menu).

-I found the "Send QTC" function very well implemented: You can send all
QTCs or a selected and can choose with CTRL-F1, ..., which QTC to send.
Might it be possible to have this in the "Receive QTC" window as well:
CTRL-F1, CTRL-F2, ..., to ask for a specifc QTC which is not properly
received? E.g. CTRL-F1: PSE REPEAT QTC 1, ... or something like this.

Minor Issues:
- If I want to abandon the qtc window (Alt-L or ESC), I get a dialog box
with yes and no. If somebody want to take the arrow-keys to change to
"yes" for leaving, he has to use the "wrong" arrow direction to get to
"yes". The other arrow key / direction isnt working at all. Might be
good in a choice of two, to use every arrow key or at least the one in
the "right" direction. (Workaround: use "tab")

- In the Options / RTTY / modify additional messages (in german there is
the wrong translation: additional cw messages - but I can live with that
;-) ) I cant have a space character as first character in the message =>
"it is not saved"

Concerning WAG contest:

In the WAG contest I experienced that it is not possible to enter DOK
with more than 6 characters. Might it be possible to extend this field
to 8 or 10 charactes?

Sorry for the long list.

73

Andy, DK4WA