[WT-support] VP6DX - contesting during an expedition

Carsten Esch carsten.esch at appello.de
Mon Nov 12 16:02:45 CET 2007

Hi Carsten

Carsten Esch a écrit :

> Maybe I was not 100% clear ... We sure will not mix the logs, I wonder if
it
> is possible to have 'two different logs' 'running in the network' at the
> same time (I guess this is possible but what would be the easiest way to
do
> this?)

No, it's not possible "as is", as WT checks if all alive logs on the
network are of the same "type" (read contest type). If not, the network
will be disabled for the offending machine.

The only way I see is to split the network into two different networks
(by using different class C sub-networks for example), and ajusting
accordingly the subnet mask, and the broadcast address for each of them.
That should work.

Ask your network administrator for further details. And you don't have
one, well, consider to find and add one to the team ;-)

---

... thanks Larry! We (DL4NER in fact) already had the idea to use different
sub-nets and alter the subnet mask accordingly.

We will probably go this way or log the contacts as Chris proposed earlier.

73ss

Carsten, DL6LAU