[WT-support] PTT keying

Stewart GM4AFF stewart at gm4aff.net
Sat Nov 10 17:00:12 CET 2007

Thanks for all the replies. Maybe it's me, but the diagrams on page 181/2 of
the manual show a COM port or parallel port CW keying arrangement - not PTT.
I've made these interfaces before. Neither of these show how you would
interface the port with the radio's PTT. Does pin 16 on the LPT port or pin
7 of the COM go high or low when 'keyed'? How much current could these pins
sink? Not much - not a relay? So could the circuits be extended with another
1k resistor and another transistor from the appropriate pins? These would
close the PTT from LPT pin 16 or COM pin 7? Apologies for the persistence,
but I'm not an electronics engineer and it still isn't clear to me.
Thanks!
Stewart