[WT-support] TRX-Control falling asleep & Win-Test crashs

Ulrich Hilsinger dh0ghu at dh0ghu.de
Sat Nov 10 12:11:49 CET 2007

Hello,

since several contests I have the following problem with several
versions of Win-Test:

After being on a RUN frequency for a longer time, the TRX control
interface (TenTec ORION connected through an USB/RS232 interface using a
FTDI chipset) doesn't react any more (both directions).

At the beginning when this error occured, it was sufficient to close and
restart win-test, now if I try to close win-test it hangs up while
closing the contest. The strange thing is that it remains in the Windows
XP task bar, even if I try to close it through the task manager. This
error doesn't occur during normal operation, i.e. as long as the
TRX-control-Interface works correctly...

All energy saving options of Windows are deactivated, TRX control worked
well for years together with other programs.

Did someone has an idea what the problem could be?

73,
Ulrich, DH0GHU