[WT-support] Advanced setup network for M2

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Wed Nov 7 23:51:45 CET 2007

Hi Thorsten

Thorsten - DJ6ET a écrit :

> we had no problems like described at DF0CG/DR1A in CQWW-SSB, but in
> Multi/Multi.

(snip)

> Sometimes during the contest I tought, the PCs was running a little bit
> slow, not like a Pentium IV 3GHz without AntiVirus, only running WT and
> 1-3,4? InternetExplorer, HamCap, DX-Atlas...no problems
> before....but during the contest nobody reported to me that WT is
> running slow!

Tnx for your report. This mystery remains...

> We only had recognized one week before the contest, when we were setting
> up the station, that on alle PCs were running the same Win-Test(3.14),
> but they don´t show same spots in the Announcement-Window and
> Bandmap...we noticed this, because of 15m, 20m, 40m and 80m are running
> now with 2 Transceivers with two Win-Test PCs.
> The only solution is to remove Win-Test and install Win-Test again.
> BTW....when doing this, it is importent to copy the WT-Registry-Key to
> the clipboard, then remove WT and install it again, so you can use the
> Registry-Key from the clipboard and don´t have to get the key from the
> website via eMail.
> I don´t know why the PCs show different spots, the PC-setup is from
> Jan/Feb 2007 with WinXP.

FYI, note that there are *many* settings parameters which affects which
spots are displayed or not in the various windows :

1/ The used bandplan (Options / Bandplan)
http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Options#Bandplans...  It is
essential, especially in contests where one mode only is allowed.

2/ For the Alt-A wnd, the contextual menus offers several options (mults
only or not, which band(s), etc...)

3/ For the radio windows, the properties dialog allows you to modify the
lifetime of the spots, and each view (bandmap or list) has also its own
settings in their contextual menus.

> To remove and install WT again, takes only 1-2min...it is no big
> problem, really!!!

Well, TBH, you are *not* supposed to re-install Win-Test everytime
(thanks g0d !).

Hope this helps