[WT-support] WT 3.17 - Five ARRL Sweepstakes bugs

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Sat Nov 3 18:08:32 CET 2007

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY replied to N6TV:

>>    2. Bug Report #148
>>       <http://flyspray.win-test.com/index.php?id=148&do=details>:  The
>>       TAB and Shift-TAB keys don't move between all entry fields as
>>       expected.  The only jump between call and received QSO number.
>>       The space bar works OK (the same as CT), but it's really important
>>       in this contest to be able to "go backwards" by one field, so
>>       Shift-Tab should do what it does in CT and other Windows
>>       programs:  move the cursor to the previous field.  Yes, you can
>>       press the space bar 4 times to move backwards one field, but there
>>       ought to be an easier way.
>
> I (personnaly) will not take the responsability to hack the code for
> this particular case. Shift-Tab is already used to allow Tab in the
> secondary when the Shift key is binded to it. One may argue that in SO1R
> Shift-Tab is not used etc. but there are so many potential side-effects
> that I will not do it. Olivier may have another opinion.

I will modify the '<' key in order to switch to the previous field
instead of the next field like it does until now.

Side-effects chance are low because that key was usually not working as
expected in the secondary window of a SO2R setup.

In next version:

< key will switch to the previous field of the main log
 > key will switch to the next field of the main log

regarless the SHIFT key is pressed or not, and SO2R is activated or not.

Olivier / f5mzn