[WT-support] Dupe Checking

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Tue May 29 00:54:15 CEST 2007

Hi Ian

Ian G3WVG a écrit :

> I would like to check my log with just two characters and the whole
> database with three.
>
> When I right click in the “Check Partial” box the option for “start
> searching after two characters”   only works for the combined “log and
> database search” .
>
> The two character search in the log only does not appear to work.

It doesn't work exactly like this.

Let me explain :

1/ You can decide to search in the database and the log *or* in the log
only. This choice is offered by the first item of the contextual menu :
If "In log only" is checked, all searches will be upon the log only, and
  if unchecked, all searches will be upon the log and the database. Of
course and can change this choice while contesting. Some ops like a
different settings whether they are running or S/P'ing.

2/ Now, you can decide if you will use 2 or 3 chars to start the
searches (default is 3). If you want to use two chars for the log only
setting (see 1/), check this option in the contextual menu under the
submenu "Start search after two chars" / "Apply to log-only search". If
you want to use two chars for the log and database searches (see 1/),
check this option in the contextual menu under the submenu "Start search
after two chars" / "Apply to both log and database search".

There is no provision to search simultaneously the log and the database,
with different starting chars count for each of them.