[WT-support] RSGB NFD (CW Field Day)...fixed station scoring

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Tue May 22 22:57:40 CEST 2007

Hi Nigel

Nigel G3TXF a écrit :

> Although it is scoring the *Portable* (i.e /P or /M) stations correctly,
> it is _not_ scoring the *Fixed* stations at all.

Before implemeting this scoring, I took contact with Steve G3UFY, and he
wrote me (I quote) :

> You are quite correct in your assumption that the rules are totally
> different for the CW and SSB events. However, in both events entrants may
> only operate portable (/P).  There was a problem with station identification
> last year, due to a change in our licencing regulations which removed the
> need to use the '/P' suffix - this has now been overcome. The full rules are
> published on the RSGB HF Contests Comittee Web Site.
>
> In summary, FIXED stations may not ENTER either of the RSGB Field Day
> events, although QSOs with fixed stations may be claimed for points by
> PORTABLE entrants.

So, if you are a fixed station, you are supposed to work portable
stations *ONLY*, and the fixed station will give you 0 points. (Hint :
Don't work them ;-) )

BTW, this rules applies also for the other scoring methods (REF, DARC etc.).

> The installation of the latest version of WT was very easy. However I
> noticed that the Win-Test file had grown from 4.075MB for WT 3.10.1 to
> 6.407 MB for WT 3.11.0.

Definitely. It is related to the new documentation process. It was
described in the release post.