[WT-support] wt version

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Mon Mar 26 15:20:31 CEST 2007

Hi Patrick

Patrick 9A5CW a écrit :

> i have noticed that win-test dont display the right version in help
> menu, about.
> Downloaded latest wt-3.10.1-update.exe and WT says 3.10.0 ?
> It's not a bug :)

Well... a sort of ;-)

Actually, the 3.10.1 was just released because french and german
language resources weren't included in the 3.10.0 and we kept the same
version number ! But, do not worry : You *have* the latest available
version !

> By the way, tested WT with  long PFX callsigns if u enter this call:
> WWWWWWWWWWWWW1 (last must be some number) wt stop to respond if is MULT
> window opened.

You hit *the* bug ;-)  Tonno ES5TV also hit it (see his previous post
today). I just fixed it in my current dvpt version. It always happens
when the computed "prefix" is over 9 characters. They call it a "buffer
overflow".

> Here you can download a test file :
> http://www.9a1p.com/wpx.zip

Tnx for your report.