[WT-support] Issues from WPX: CR and Worked Prefixes

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Mon Mar 26 13:27:20 CEST 2007

Hi Tonno

I let Olivier answer on the $CR stuff.

Tõnno Vähk a écrit :

> 2. We logged some dummy QSOs before the contest to check network and I entered a call with a prefix of 6 letters followed by number or something like that. Now that being in the log I activated the Worked Prefixes window and WT hung up. It was the same way on all computers. So we had to terminate WT from Task Manager and when you started WT again it immidiately hung up again as it remembered Worked Prefixes window being opened and it caused an immidiate crash. So only option was to delete the log file completely and start everything again!! Maybe you can check the logic of what happens with very long and peciuliar prefixes.

Just a pity you didn't save this file. It would have been very valuable
for debugging. Anyway, we will try to enter "dumb prefixes" and check
that. Tnx for your report.

> 3. About 3-4 times it happened that when changing the band the serial number did not change and we actually sent number of the previous band before noticing. I don't know what caused this, maybe somebody else has noticed. So you had to do the EDIT SERIAL NUMBER and enter correct number into QSO to get the numbering correct again.

Requires some investigation to reproduce it.

Good to know : When you're facing to this kind of situation, it could be
a good idea to make a backup of your .wtb file at that time to help
forensics ;-) I know you're in the middle of the battle etc., but it
*may* help us later.

Tnx for your report.