[WT-support] Wintest - Telnet with via GPRS connected

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Thu Mar 15 15:58:17 CET 2007

Hi Patrick

Patrick 9A5CW a écrit :

> I have noticed that if I have internet spots enabled and when i run CW
> (comm port),
> and when i call CQ or sending CW out and at the same time i receive
> packet spot CW became unreadible.
> This mean i lost few dots or dashes ....
> I am using HP notebook  running at 400MHz(cpu) with WINXP Home + 512MB
> ram + AMD CPU 2800+ sempron mobile.
> It's better to "play" CW from LPT port?

Maybe. That's worth a try (don't forget to install the DLPORTIO.SYS if
not already done : http://download.win-test.com/port95nt.exe).

In all cases, using a 400 MHz CPU to run WinXP with its overhead for
such an usage is a bare minimum. I remind we used a 500 MHz CPU with CW
on the LPT port under Win98 in a M/S network with no problem, but YMMV.