[WT-support] ea9lz looking for a opninion

John Ferrington john.ferrington at exemail.com.au
Sun Mar 11 16:53:00 CET 2007

Hi Jorge

To those who are not interested in my comments re the FT-2000 I appoligise
up front for being a little of the point of this reflector...

I have owned the IC-756ProII and now own the FT-2000.

My thoughts are:
1. The FT-2000 has a much better RX
2. The FT-2000 Dual Watch function is far superior to the Icom
3. The DSP in the FT-2000 is mcuh easier to use and, in my opinion, much
better than the Icom
4. The Icom filters are easier to set. Having 3 filters that you set before
a contest is so much easier than changing the narrow filter on the fly!

BUT....having said all that, I really miss the scope that the ProII had! The
DMU is a must have. I dont have the DMU yet, but it is on order and I should
have it in a matter of weeks.

BTW, I have owned Icom radios for 20 years...never had a Yaesu....until now!

Have you joined the FT-2000 Yahoogroup? There is a wealth of info there too.

And the FT-2000 has done everything I have asked of it when it have used it
with WinTest too! This weekend was the Beru contest and the CW sending via
WinTest was faultless.

Ask me again after the CQWW WPX test at the end of this month and I will let
you know. That will be the first big SSB test it has seen.

Thanks,
John
de vk6hz

home.exetel.com.au/vk6hz