[WT-support] Russian DX Contest (question & bug)

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Tue Mar 6 16:38:43 CET 2007

Hi Bob

Bob I.2.WIJ a écrit :

> Question:
> What are the files WT uses?
>
> -CTY_OBL to decode oblasts?

Yes

> -Do we need a update?

The last revision is 1.5 - Dated Jun 30 2006

You can find it here :

http://download.win-test.com/files/country/CTY_OBL.DAT

> In the Summary window (Alt-S) there is not the
> DUPE column anymore.(Is this by design??)

Actually, this contest has been implemented a long time ago, and after
digging the code, it looks we were a bit lazy at that time ;-)

We kept the same column count, whatever category you enter (SSB, CW or
MIXED). Consequently, the dupe column is only visible when you choose a
mono-mode category (CW or SSB).

I will check if I can modify this before the coming RDXC.

> Moreover the DUPE are not counted separatedly, and
> the AVG points/qso is consequently wrong.
> (The effect is greater for a low qso number of course)

Mmmhhh... I don't get exactly what you mean ? The dupes are always taken
in account (even if they are not displayed) for the points and average
pts calculations.

> We can live with it, is more interesting to repair
> the DVK that stops.

Olivier should be back soon. I haven't heard any report of another lost
guy in the Guianian forest
(http://dwb.newsobserver.com/24hour/world/story/3568949p-12811304c.html) ;-)