[WT-support] own databases

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Mon Mar 5 00:07:00 CET 2007

Hi Gilles

f6ira a écrit :

> how to built our own database to provide extra guessing from call not
> again in wintest database. Eg: extract and compile call never work from
> contest to xxfile.dtb. Win-test help talk about piece of code in pearl
> or non common language. Was tried some without succes. Sorry I just
> lower skill coder. Remember in old win-test version this option was
> available. I'm wrong ? If not you will do in your wish list to future
> upgrade ?

1/ It is not PERL (not to be confused with PEARL
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PEARL_programming_language ), but AWK
language, is very convenient for such an usage.

See http://www.vectorsite.net/tsawk.html for an AWK primer. I personnaly
use gawk.exe (http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/) for Windows.

2/ Note that after loading a log in WT, the current database (the .DTB
file) can be easily updated with File / Update database.

3/ The extra information files (where data are displayed in the extra
information wnd) are described here :

http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Windows#Extra_Information

It is very easy to setup such a text file :

- One record per line
- Record description : Callsign Data
- Callsign sorting is not needed

73