[WT-support] MMTTY will not stay running

jend at uchicago.edu jend at uchicago.edu
Sat Mar 3 17:33:15 CET 2007

Hello,

I have still found no resolution to this problem.

Contest selected: DX expedition HF+50 MHz
Mode: RTTY

When starting WT the MMTTY window appears and Wintest Radio1
appears in the task manager.

After about 6 seconds the MMTTY window goes away and Wintest
Radio1 goes away in the task manager.

Some how WT is killing the MMTTY application and closing it
from the task manager. I have tried various versions of WT and
the same thing happens.

I have closed all virus/scanning programs and most other
background running items.

If when I start WT and quickly start the options window in
MMTTY I get the error message of

????????? MMTTY.EXE ????????? 00407A45 ?????????? 000055BC

I then get the windows error with red X and can only close off
 MMTTY window.

If I start WT (non RTTY) and run MMTTY as stand alone program
WT and MMTTY run both OK.

If I start MMTTY by it self, NO WT running then MMTTY runs fine.

Is this a bug in WT ? Killing MMTTY ?? I have tried everything
   I know and am out of ideas ?

Thanks
Jerry, KE9I