[WT-support] Check Partial/N+1/Exchange Guessing questions

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Wed Jun 20 13:58:29 CEST 2007

Hi again

Douglas Maxwell a écrit :

> If this is correct, I think we possibly have a few more years of compiling
> logs before it would be viable for us to use an SCP file ;-).

Actually, the idea was not to compile your own files only, but rather to
compile different logs, like K5ZD does. Except that today, Randy does
not generate a file for every contest or mode. There is a space for an
automated public service here, from Cabrillo files submissions ;-)  Any
volunteer in the room ?

> I wonder if you have considered a prioritised search sequence for CP and N+1
> as an addition to the one you have now i.e. Search SCP files first (if
> present) whilst the call is being entered, then after the space bar is
> struck and no successful completion, search the DTB. This would give the
> user confidence of the calls existence instead of 'unique' appearing in the
> check partial result window.

"Too many options. Too much confusion" ;-)

Well, if the exchange doesn't show up, it means the callsign is *not* in
the DTB file... But, we should not count on the inclusion of the
callsign in the DTB file to think that "it is correct". Today, we are
biased because the DTB files are not *complete* callbooks, except for
some specific contests and DTB.

Have fun !