[WT-support] MK2R+ SSB messages

f6ify f6ify at free.fr
Wed Jul 25 23:35:34 CEST 2007

Tõnno Vähk a écrit :
> another question. I am setting up WT + PROIII + MK2R+. It toook awhile to figure out that I have to assign different virtual COM ports for RADIO1 (CAT) and Other device (CW and PTT) to avoid the long delay in CW sending when MK2R is assigned to any third port.

To set the cw tail delay in the MK2R:
 - close Win-test
 - open the Microham device router configuration window
 - go to CW/Winkey tab
- set the PTT lead and tail delay to your need (I put 20 ms both)
- go to Port tab
- assign a com port to the Winkeyer 2
- open wintest
- set Winkey in the corresponding com port in the configuration  window
(no need of other device, apart some strange speed change sometime, the
internal Winkey works well)
> Anyway, Toni explained me there is a very strange and clumsy procedure needed to get SSB DVK messages working from WT. Anybody who has them working can help me with settings and procedure??

I actually try to configure my MK2R+ for SSB and DVK (internal or from
Win-test) without succes. (the microphone is well routed but not  the
recorded messages)
In CW I use the SO2R protocol without problems but it seems this
configuration doesn't work for SSB/Mixed and the documentation on the
Microham web site is not up to date about the possibility to use the
Microham SO2R protocol  with Wintest.
I hope Josef OM7ZZ (I cc to him this mail) or another user could  reply
on this one.

> 73
> Tonno
> ES5TV