[WT-support] Version 3.13.0 Bug: Autofill not working after Delete All QSO

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Jul 25 09:26:42 CEST 2007

Here's a related bug in 3.13:

If you do "Edit, Delete all QSO..." the exchange will not be filled in for
stations worked previously.

Steps to recreate:

   1. Create a new NA Sprint log
   2. Tools -> Data Entry -> Exchange Guessing -> Automatically (checked)
   3. Enter N6AA  1  DICK   CA, and press Enter to log QSO #1
   4. Change bands (Alt-F1)
   5. Enter N6AA on QSO#2.  Name/State are filled in automatically (OK).
   6. Edit -> Delete all QSO -> "OK" -> Press Validate.  Log is emptied
   (OK).
   7. Repeat steps 3,4,5.
   8. Bug:  Name/state are not automatically filled in this time.
   9. Workaround:  If you close and open the same file, autofill works
   again if you have logged at least one QSO.  If the log is still
   completely empty, autofill still doesn't work.

I cannot replicate this problem using the down-level development version (
3.13.0-dev2) on the same WTB file, so the bug seems to have been between
3.13.0-dev2 and 3.13.0.