[WT-support] New S&P operating mode for WT 3.13.0

José Nunes CT1BOH ct1boh at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 13:01:43 CEST 2007

Hi

If you remember I wrote:

 >I have RUN radial button checked in the "Secondary Radio Window".
>I click S&P (radial button RUN is disabled and S&P radial button is now
checked)
>I hit F1
>Now both radial button are checked
> Is this just a display bug or??

I finally  understand the S&P operating metod and why there is the display
bug.

To activate the Operating S&P Mode the user must select this option in the
menu Tools>Data_Entry>Search_and_Pouce

When the operating mode S&P is NOT selected, the user CANNOT toggle in the
Primary radio between RUN and S&P using CTRL+TAB),  the display shows
allways RUN - this is OK, but the user can click on the radial buttons RUN
and S&P (with no effect because the mode is not selected)  in the secondary
window,  and see the two radial buttons selected - The display bug.

SUGGESTION: only when the operating mode is selected, you should display in
the Secondary Window the new line with the Run and the S&P radial buttons.

Anyway, being a DX station -  CT3NT  - I don't see me using this S&P mode at
all.
My S&P mode is to hit F4 to send my call in the pile up and F2 to send my
report.
Too many things already in my mind rate / strategy and SO2R related, I
really don't need to worry with operating modes.

73
José Nunes