[WT-support] SAMBA

Neal Campbell nealk3nc at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 14:49:37 CEST 2007

Not the same at all.

If you are working on a lan, you do not need hamachi. I take it you want to
see and share drives between computers on a lan? If so, windows folder
sharing should work. SAMBA is for non-Windows computers so they can use
shared folders on windows machines (or emulate them for the windows users).

Hamachi is a virtual private network system so you can "extend" your lan
over the internet at large. Its pretty complex to set up (not that bad for
VPNs in general though) but I wonder if you really need that heavy a
solution).

If you just need to do file transfers over the internet, you can use FTP or
a nice application called Ultravnc (google it) which will let you control
and send/receive files over the internet (or even a lan)

73
Neal