[WT-support] Bug Report: Alt-F9/Alt-F10 don't work as expected after Alt-V

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Jul 18 08:52:12 CEST 2007

On 7/17/07, Olivier F5MZN <olecam at f5mzn.org> wrote:

> Not a bug but a feature(c)
>
> As fas as my memory is not faulty, this specific behaviour has been
> requested a long time ago to mimic the CT way.

I'm certain CT has never behaved that way (unless it was short-lived bug,
long since corrected).

I just tried this with CTWin Version 10.  You press Alt-V to change the CW
speed to 33 WPM, then toggle back and forth between 31 WPM and 33 WPM by
pressing Alt-F9 and Alt-F10 (once).  You cannot do this with Win-Test today.

So, to match CT, Alt-F9 and Alt-F10 should consistently do the same thing:
decrease or increase speed by 2 WPM, never 1 WPM.

If it's really a problem, we can imagine to have an option to make
> everybody happy. Hw?

No, you don't need to have a new option.  The current behavior is not
consistent and not desirable IMHO, so this is a "feature" that doesn't need
to be supported any more. :-)