[WT-support] WT in HQ

Filipe Lopes ct1ilt at mail.telepac.pt
Sun Jul 15 23:02:47 CEST 2007

Hi,

Last friday I installed W-T HQ version on the 80m station for the contest
and everything worked perfectly, expect when I was trying to make the
connection between W-T and wtDxTelnet. First I tryed in a normal wireless
invironment, a complete normal Wireless network, and everything worked just
perfectly, the DX spots were going from wtDxTelnet to W-T.

As the place where the station was located did not have wireless and the
person who operated had this 3G wireless Card from VODAFONE, I gave it a try
to see if it worked but it didnt. I called VODOFONE and asked them if their
UDP ports were open and they said these card dont have UDP ports open, the
thing was that I could not communicate between W-T and wtDxTelnet.

Is it normal?

Is it because of UDP ports?

it would be great to have this connection possible if we go for DX'pedition
for example....

Did I do something wrong?

73's Filipe CT1ILT aka CT6A