[WT-support] IARU Exchange Guessing

Ellam, Timothy St. J. Tellam at MCCARTHY.CA
Fri Jul 13 14:55:46 CEST 2007

As long as you remember some individual stations will be using the AC,
R1, R2 or R3 exchange.....

Tim VE6SH

-----Original Message-----
From: support-bounces at win-test.com [mailto:support-bounces at win-test.com]
On Behalf Of Olivier F5MZN
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2007 3:09 AM
To: support at win-test.com
Subject: Re: [WT-support] IARU Exchange Guessing

Hi -

> A ham on the CQ-Contest reflector put out a spreadsheet showing all of
the HQ stations callsigns and their anticipated multiplier exchange for
this weekend's contest.

> Is there a way to put that data into the exchange guessing routine?

Yes, just create dummy a log with the callsign and associated exchanges,
then open the "File" menu" and click "Update Database". That way, the HQ
stations will be added into the ITU database.

Note that you need the ITU.DTB database (see below) for this to work.

> One more question... what files are the suggested downloads for the
databases for this contest?

One dedicated database can be of interest: it is compiled from the K5ZD
callsign database and it includes the ITU zones for the US/VE stations:

http://download.win-test.com/databases/ITU.ZIP

Unzip it in the "Win-Test" workdir.

HTH,

Olivier / f5mzn
This e-mail is intended only for the named recipient(s) and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure
under applicable law. No waiver of privilege, confidence or otherwise is
intended by virtue of communication via the internet. Any unauthorized use,
dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
e-mail in error, or are not named as a recipient, please immediately notify
the sender and destroy all copies of this e-mail. Please be aware that
internet communications are subject to the risk of data corruption and
other transmission errors. For information of extraordinary sensitivity,
we recommend that our clients use encryption software when they communicate
with us by e-mail.

By submitting your or another individual's personal information to McCarthy
Tétrault LLP or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you agree, and
confirm your authority from such other individual, to our collection, use and
disclosure of such personal information in accordance with our privacy policy
available at www.mccarthy.ca .

McCarthy Tétrault contact information may be found at www.mccarthy.ca/en/contactus .