[WT-support] Win-Test and WinKey (v4) problems

Ulrich Hilsinger dh0ghu at dh0ghu.de
Fri Jan 26 23:31:15 CET 2007

Hello,

I have a severe problem to get Win-Test running with WinKey (version v4).

If I try to send a CW message (e.g. with F1, configured as CQ $MYCALL
$MYCALL ++TEST--), only "CQ" will be send, but no callsign.
If I then go into the interface configuration menue, and do whatever I
try, after leaving this windows, Win-Test crashes.
If I hit "escape" after sending F1, I can go into the interface config
windows without any problem, but of course, the erroneous message
handling remains a problem.
Also, other CW messages are not send correctly in most cases, e.g.:

If I hit F2 (configured as ++$RST-- $ZONE), nothing is sent.
If I hit F3 (configured as $ZONE), DL is being sent correctly.

Configuration of the relevant interface is as follows:
COM1 is active, used for WinKey, 1200 8-N-2, Pin4 & Pin7 Handshake
(under N1MM log, I was used to have Pin4 always on, pin7 always of, but
that makes no difference...)
COM1 is a built-in COM port of my PC.

Any idea what could be wrong? Everything else related to external
interfaces seems to work fine (CAT, cluster support, etc), but a
CQWWDX-CW without WinKey would be a quiet hard job ;-)

Thank you for the help,
73,
Ulrich, DH0GHU