[WT-support] WT + Microham +WinKey

G3SJJ g3sjj at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 15 10:32:12 CET 2007

Thanks Rudolf. I don't use speed commands. That is poor operating
practice, (as is dit dit instead of TU Callsign!)

I agree microKeyer is useless when used with WT. I recall N1MM had
similar problems but sorted them out over a year ago.

There should be no speed variations, and each of the two speed numbers
should be permanently allocated to one system. For example, number on
the left should always indicate F Key/Ins/+ speeds, whilst number on the
right should always indicate external WinKey speed. Also, Alt F9/F10
should only vary speed of F Keys/Ins/+ whilst speed pot on microKeyer
should vary, and only vary, WinKey speed. I noticed many times that I
could not control WinKey at all.

Another point is the min and max speeds of WinKey. I have mine set at
15wpm min and 40wpm max, which covers the majority of contest and
general operating throughout the year. WT modifies this with a range
something like 20 to60 wpm, so that the speed knob position is totally
different to what I expect, and the variation is large with just a small
re-positioning of the knob.

I am looking forward to a solution for all of this.

73 Chris G3SJJ