[WT-support] Stuttering CW

Rudolf Schwenger Rudolf.Schwenger at t-online.de
Mon Jan 15 08:56:26 CET 2007

Hi Doug,

sounds odd. I've been using an IC-781 and WT for years and never experinced that problem. However, in the center of my station is the microHAM microKEYER connected to an USB port of my Pentium III notebook (1 GHz, WINDOWS XP prof). Controlling the radio (now an IC-7800, formerly the IC-781) is handeled through the virtual port COM 5 (created by the USB Device manager of the microKEYER) and sending the CW-messages is handeled through the virtual port COM 8 created the same way.

A year ago, when visiting a friend  I took part in a cw-contest using my notebook (running WinTest) and his station (IC756, I believe). Since I did not want to bring my microKEYER the cw-messages were handled through a cable between the LPT-port of my notebook (real port, no virtual port) and his TRX.  Naturally the cable was configured in such a way that one or transistors in one of the connectors did the switching as suggested in the SW manual of RCKLOG, a contestlogger which I used for a number of years before changing to WINTEST.

I wish you good luck in solving the problem.

vy 73 de Rudy, DJ3WE