[WT-support] WInTest Notes ARRL CW DX

Peter Bowyer peter at bowyer.org
Wed Feb 21 09:16:58 CET 2007

On 20/02/07, Olivier F5MZN <olecam at f5mzn.org> wrote:
> Tim Duffy K3LR wrote:
> > Hi Bob!
> >
> > That is exactly what I ended up doing, but I was looking for it to be easier for the
> > operators to enter K3LR (MYCALL) when a mistake is made rather than looking back through
> > their band information for a good QSO callsign to create a dupe.
>
> I agree because in a M/M environment, it can be a challenge to know what
> was the previous logged callsin in the middle of the battle.
>
> So IMHO if we can deal with the QSO not counted as is it is the best. If
> not (I must confess that Larry is right regarding of this) it is even
> better to put "mycall" even if it counts for a 0 point (ghost) QSO.

Just for completeness - we also need the 'mycall' QSO not to count as
a mult, as well as have zero points. One important task at MD4K is
always to make sure we've worked the 'GD' mult on all bands - not as
easy as you might think - and if we've used 'mycall' as a
dupe/bust/mistake filler, then it screws up the mult display for our
mult....

Peter G4MJS

--
Peter Bowyer