[WT-support] WInTest Notes ARRL CW DX

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Tue Feb 20 10:20:46 CET 2007

Hi Tim

Tim Duffy K3LR a écrit :

> WinTest worked very well. All operators (including Ken, K1EA who wrote CT) were
> impressed!
> This was K1EA's first time to see and use WinTest!

Tnx for that. Very pleased that K1EA liked Win-Test !

> #1 When using the F keys to send CW, is it possible to insert a 1/2 space
> between sending F key multiple times or multi F keys?
>
> For example hitting F4 twice to send MYCALL (K3LR) results in K3LR being sent
> twice with NO space between the R and the K. So K3LRK3LR  (runs together) is
> sent instead of K3LR K3LR.
> Or hitting F2 and F4 results in 5NN PAK3LR instead of 5NN PA K3LR. The PA and
> K3LR run together without a 1/2 space.

We have to check that. IIRC, it worked in previous versions. The CW
generator code was modified so many times to fit all the requests that
such a side-effect might be introduced. Tnx for pointing it out.

> #2 When entering MYCALL in the log (for a bad QSO to remove later with REMOVE
> MYCALL) the calculations for points per QSO are not correct as the MYCALL QSO is
> counted as a QSO, but 0 points. Can MYCALL in the call field be treated as a
> DUPE for the purpose of QSO count and points?

Really not easy to manage because of the internal structures involved.
But, we will have a look to this problem.

> #3 In the RCVD REPORT area:
>
> Now the WTlog has 599KW or 5991000 or 599799 (runs together)
> Can a space or two be put in-between the RST and the POWER?
> So it is 599 1000 or 599  500 or 599  799
> That way all RSTs are in a column and all POWER information are in their own
> defined column instead of running all togther.

This issue is entered in our Flyspray system since a long time. It
requires a very deep modification in the code and we have to be very
safe on this matter to avoid any crashes and side-effects. Anyway, it is
noted.

Tnx for your report.

Hope you did a good score !