[WT-support] win-test problems on rtty mode

oh1jt oh1jt at oh2u.com
Fri Feb 16 11:34:13 CET 2007

Hi,
Does anybody have any experience about settings for RTTY and
microHam MK2r+ setups?. I was playing with 2 radio setup for rtty.
There was a strange problem, when I hit F1 key the radio 1 started
the CQ all OK but the TX hangs (radio did not went to RX), also
radio 1 stays on TX mode and only way to terminate the TX was hitting
ESC key. I used the Advanced SO2R mode with std scenarios.
Same story with radio 2.
I was testing with minimum TX-output power so I don´t think this
is an RF related problem.
I used 3.84 version of win-test and lates FW and router for
microHam MK2r+.
The CQ messages where the std win-test originals.
MMTTy version 1.65D
Radio 1 is IC-756p3, radio2 is FT1000mp The contest I tested was
WPX RTTY.
Btw the same test on CW mode and everything was working all OK.

I did one more test with the same setup, but I used the DX-mode settings
where the mode setting was ALL.
The results where the same. Win-test works all ok on CW mode, but when I
swich the mode to RTTY some strange thing happened.
The scenarios did not work, but when I swiched the operarating technique
to SO2R the CQ call from F1 key worked fine.
Maybe the scenarios are not that important on RTTy mode anyway??

One more interesting feature;
On the same DX-mode test with all modes enabled.
The ICOM radio was working fine on all MODES, but the Yaesu did not work
on RTTY mode. The win-test program shows icom radio mode RTTY all ok,
but on the yaesu (FT1000mp) the win-test mode was on SSB,the radio
itself shows mode RTTY. (The RTTY CQ did not work on Yaesu)
This is not a big problem under contest config, where U usually are
running on single mode anyway.. HI

rgds
juha
oh1jt