[WT-support] WT v3.8.0 RTTY questions

Stefan v. Baltz dl1iao at dl1iao.com
Tue Feb 6 07:22:10 CET 2007

First of all: Thanks for a great software!  I have just been a silent and
happy user from early on.

I´m new to RTTY with WT, so not sure if someone has already come up with
the following:

(in CQ WPX RTTY mode)
1) The additional RTTY messages (ALT-C) will produce CW instead of RTTY
and hitting ESC will not interrupt them.  It may be my lack of RTTY
experience but I prefer this feature every time over simply typing ahead
with ALT-K.

2) When ALT-K is initiated during an F-key message ALT-K will not accept any
more input when the type ahead buffer got empty (i.e. when typing too slow).
In this case the ALT-K window remains open but MMTTY stops transmitting.
I´m not sure if this is a bug, but ALT-K works the usual way when *not*
preceeded with an F-key.

3) When pressing INS (or hitting an F-key with the $SERIAL macro) in an
empty log line no serial number is sent (you have to go back one log line
to have the number sent).  Works correctly in CW mode.

(general RTTY question)
4) Is there any way to use the parallel port for FSK & PTT keying as it is
possible for CW keying? EXTFSK 1.05 seems to support COM ports only.

In any case, RTTY should be great fun with WT!

73,

Stefan DL1IAO