[WT-support] IC - 765 Radio Control

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Sun Feb 4 23:03:53 CET 2007

Matthias Jelen wrote:

> If I understood the CI-V protocol correct, there is one byte for the
> mode (03 = CW) and one byte for the filter (01 = normal, 02 = narrow).
> This doens´t seemt to be specific to the 765.
> I found this information on DF4ORs great CI-V information webpage
> http://www.plicht.de/ekki/civ/civ-p41.html

Thanks for pointing this out Matthias. As far as I understand:

- the filter setting is not supported by every Icom radio
- the narrow filter code can be either 02 or 03, depending of the model
of the radio

It is not possible to predict these informations. For this reason, I'll
add the Narrow Filter setting on demand. You are welcome to request this
for your Icom rig. Please tell me if there is two or three different
bandwidthes available in the filters of your model.

Olivier / f5mzn