[WT-support] KC1XX turns down win-test

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Dec 12 10:14:28 CET 2007

On Dec 9, 2007 8:22 PM, Bob Raymond, WA1Z <bob at wa1z.net> wrote:

> - We'd like to see a couple additional keyboard commands implemented in CT
> to reduce 100% reliance on the mouse.  A mouse doesn't provide the speed
> we're looking for.  It's one more peripheral that requires a level of
> hand-eye coordination that is unnecessary and handicapping in a fast-paced
> contesting environment.  Specifically, the CT "Ctrl-Right Arrow" and
> "Alt-Right Arrow" commands that take focus away from the logging control and
> present cursors within the Band Map and DX Spot Announcement windows that
> are scrollable with Up/Down arrow keys are two we'd like to see
> implemented.

Once Bug #179 <http://flyspray.win-test.com/index.php?do=details&id=179> is
addressed, the List view of the band
map<http://docs.win-test.com/w/images/9/93/WindowsBandMapListViewContextMenuSort.png>will
be much more usable using only the keyboard.  You'll be able to sort
the list "By multiplier type" first, so that the most important double mults
will appear at the top, and only one keystroke [Ctrl-Down Arrow] will be
required to get to the top of the list.

Now, wouldn't it would be nice if the DX Cluster Announcement
Window<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Windows#DX-Cluster_Announcements>also
had the same sorting options as the band map?  Then you could sort
spots from more than one band by Multiplier Type, Arrival time, Beam
Heading, Frequency, etc.

Finally, if there were a new option directing [Ctrl-Up/Down Arrow] to either
the Band Map (as it is today), or to the DX Cluster Announcement Window
(which is more useful to single-ops with quick band change capability),
you'd have most of what's needed.

If all of the above were implemented, and if you sorted the Announcement
Window by multiplier type (double mults first, then single mults, then new
QSOs) you could navigate between the most important spots at the top of the
list with fewer keystrokes than CT.