[WT-support] [WT-Support] Win-Test at KC1XX

Bob Raymond, WA1Z bob at wa1z.net
Sun Dec 9 19:00:50 CET 2007

> From Bob, N6TV:
> OK, one last test then:  try commanding frequency changes using  CTWin
> (not CT) on the same computer, using the same baud rate  settings and the
> same hardware connections.  If CTWin controls the  radio perfectly, but
> Win-Test does not, then I think you should  definitely open a Win-Test bug
> report to track this.

I downloaded and installed CTWin 10.03.002 on the one of the same PC's I run
Win-Test on and found the following:

Radio:  Ten Tec Orion I running v.2.062a firmware

 PC details:
 Intel P4 1.8 GHz
 224 MB RAM
 Windows XP Home, SP2

 - Radio control via COM1 (straight serial connection to radio)
 - In CTWin Communications Setup I set COM1, RADIO1 with Baud Rate of 57600

 Here's what I found:

 - Alt-J "TX Freqs" frequency readout responds nearly as instantaneous as
CT/DOS
 and is much faster than WT 3.18 running on the same PC via the same COM
 port.
 - The response time of typing in a frequency in the callsign field is
nearly
 instantaneous.  It is faster than WT 3.18.
 - CTWin's alt-F4 "toggle" also responds faster than WT 3.18's "return to
run
 frequency" alt-F4.

CTWin's response times are more in line with CT/DOS than with WT 3.18.

73,
Bob