[WT-support] [Fwd: suggestion: supervisor window]

Eric Scace K3NA eric at k3na.org
Sat Dec 1 20:57:50 CET 2007

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	suggestion: supervisor window
Date: 	Sat, 01 Dec 2007 14:42:28 -0500
From: 	Eric Scace K3NA <eric at k3na.org>
To: 	Win-Test <support at win-test.com>

Hello --

  I am co-leading the VP6DX expedition, together with Carsten DL6LAU.

  We wonder if it is possible to add a feature to WinTest that
summarizes important information to manage the on-air operations.

  To deliver a good DXpedition experience to DXers everywhere, it is
important for the operating team to achieve some balance; for example,
  -- about equal number of QSOs with the main ham radio regions on each
band: Europe, North America and Asia.
  -- good balance between CW, voice, and digital QSOs for each region on
each band.
  -- to the extent permitted by propagation, about equal QSOs on each
band for each region.

  To achieve these goals, operators and DXpedition management must know
the current situation during the operation.  For example, if 15m has
less QSOs with Europe than with North America or Asia, the team must
focus on 15m operating when the band is open to Europe.  If SSB QSOs
with Europe on 15m are much lower than CW QSOs, then the team should
focus on SSB operating when the band is open to Europe.

  Similarly, the team should understand how each station is going at the
moment: is the rate good on that band?  Are the needed regions being
worked successfully?

  To help clarify this idea, I have a PDF available with a more detailed description of a
"supervisor window", as it would be used on an expedition.  This reflector robot found it too long at 92kB, so interested people should contact me directly for a copy.

  Do you think this is possible?

  No other logging software has this capability, so it could be a unique
advantage for WinTest (at least for DXpeditions).

  Thank you for considering this idea.

73,
  -- Eric K3NA