[WT-support] Lost win-test registering ID in computer crashes

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Aug 31 20:58:24 CEST 2007

On 8/31/07, IN3QBR_K7QB <flytomair at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> today , opening WinTest i found the same problem.
> It run in demo mode , my  version is 3.14.0
>
> 73s MAuro IN3QBR

I believe this can happen if you copy all the files from the Win-Test
directory of one computer to the Win-Test directory of another computer.
Each PC gets its own registration key, so doing that automatically puts you
back into demo mode.  You only have to pay once per station, of course, not
once per PC.

To fix it, find your 4-digit Win-Test customer account number (should be the
same on all PCs).  Just select Help, Register software ...

Click the "Register now" link to get your registration key for that machine,
then enter it and press OK.

This is explained better here:  http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Help