[WT-support] Version 3.15: SMARTCORRECT doesn't work right for callsigns signing portable

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Thu Aug 16 12:50:40 CEST 2007

Hi Bob et al.

Bob Wilson, N6TV a écrit :

> If you enter a callsign that contains a slash (/), Win-Test's "smart
> correction" feature seems to get confused.

It is not "confused". It is just disabled when the callsign includes a
slash...

I restricted the correction algorithm to plain callsigns with no /
inside. Considering all possibilities (your /5 example is just one of
the very numerous possibilities : Imagine VE2/W1AB/M or such funny calls
to correct to VE2/W2AB/M, etc.).

In short, it is not really a bug. It just can be improved ;-) Maybe someday.