[WT-support] IOTA

Tõnno Vähk Tonno.Vahk at gildbankers.com
Sat Aug 11 10:34:23 CEST 2007

guys, three things about IOTA serials.

1. Rules allow assigning different block of serial numbers for both stations. Mult station can start from 3000 for example. Boy, would that solve the problem nicely!! BUT, is it possible in WT??? I hoped it would be, I started to try it about 10 min before the contest start and did not manage. If you do EDIT SERIAL NR then it changes for both stations. Is it possible to disable the serial number update in the network??? I did not get to the ADVANCED NETWORK features...

2. If 1st option does not work and also in some other contests where different number blocks are not available we would need badly $SERIALPLUS1 and $SERIALMINUS1 variables to be entered into messages. I have advocated that for long time, this is one of the big shortcomings of WT if I compared it to my old dear TR Log. It seems to me that this should be fairly easy to implement, ohh... I will never lose hope that this gets done and X can be any number actually.

3. Right now in SSB is easy to give next number but in CW you have to do a lot of paddle sending OR what I do is I use ALT-C additional messages. I set F1 to 5NN XXX EU14N in IOTA and then keep the XXX always a few numbers ahead of current serial. So I can always send it quickly by pressing ALT-C followed by F1 and then log the QSO when the run station has just used the previous serial number... But is definitely is disturbingly inconvinient way to operate.

73
tonno
es5tv