[WT-support] WT, MK2R and the SWAP command

Jim Martin mm0bqi at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Aug 7 18:43:00 CEST 2007

As I could not resolve the 'Swap' radio problems and the Icom comms failures
I reverted back to N1MM for the IOTA contest. It worked perfectly but sadly
does not have the 'mult' support which is excellent in WT!
I am now back home and have the two rigs on the bench all connected up to
the MK2R and using v14 of WT. Problems are reproducible on the laptop and
the desk PC.

SWAP function.  Intermittent and unpredictable results with frequency
display.  Most often happens after using the 'SWAP' command for the first
time. Thereafter VFOs A and B swap okay 19 times out of 20.
example same mode
Radio1(MP) VFOA 28500  Radio2(IC) VFOA 3780
SWAP
Radio1 3500 radio2 28500
SWAP
radio1 28500 radio2 3500
(During the swap process the Icom displays VFOB very briefly before
displaying VFOA)

example different modes radio1 cw  radio2 ssb
Radio1 (MP) 3520 CW Radio2 (IC) 28500 USB
SWAP
Radio1 28500 CW Radio2 3520 LSB
SWAP
Radio1 3520 LSB Radio2 28500 CW
SWAP
Radio1 28500 USB Radio2 3520 CW

Couple of other issues still present are,
1.  WT loses all configuration data.  All the ports are cleared and
interface info has to be re-entered.
2.  Icom loses comms with WT.  Frequency and mode are okay in 'Router'
window and change with radio dial or mode button.  The bandmap in WT is
frozen and does not show any change.

Set-up is exactly as before
MP and IC7400, MK2R+.
The same equipment behaves as expected with N1MM and Logger32 using the same
Router configuration

Any comments or pointers would be appreciated.
73
Jim,  MM0BQI