[WT-support] Entering a frequency switches FT-1000MP to CW/USB?

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sun Aug 5 08:25:38 CEST 2007

On 8/4/07, Olivier F5MZN <olecam at f5mzn.org> wrote:

> I made a quick look to the CAT programming specs of the FT-1000MP/MkV
> and I'm afraid it has some limitations regarding the CW-LSB mode.
> Strange thing, it is possible to change between USB and LSB for RTTY but
> not for CW. It is apparently the same for every Yaesu radios, even the
> very new ones (FT-2000, FTDX-9000).
>
> I wonder how other loggers have deal with that, if any.

Olivier,

Thank you for looking into it.  Based on what you found, I don't think any
program can move the FT-1000MP to CW/LSB, *unless* the rig toggles back and
forth between CW/USB and CW/LSB every time you command it to switch to CW
mode.  That's how you do it on the front panel button:  you just keep
pressing CW until it says CW/LSB.  But I doubt this is something you can
simulate via the CAT interface.

Maybe some radio hardware guru can find a place to swap two wires inside the
MP so that it always goes to CW/L instead of CW/U. :-)