[WT-support] Question

f5ukl f5ukl at wanadoo.fr
Sun Aug 5 07:42:41 CEST 2007

Hello to the team
Sorry if I was late to answer but I was busy with EUHF contest.
Thanks again for this really nice software wich works perfectly.

	-f5ukl a écrit :
	-
	-> 1- Do you think to implement Memorial Marconi HF in WT?
	-
	-I personaly wasn't aware the existence of this contest. It
	-looks feasible (no QTC, no exotic dupe processing... ;-)).
	-We'll check that in time (the 2007 edition was in June AFAIK).

I use to work this contest since a long time and I'll be pleased to use WT
rather than another software.

	-> 2- I created a "Name.xdt" file and It works fine in contest.
	-I try to
	-> find the way to use the variable in a CW message (ie) GD
	-dear "Andre"
	-> ur rst 599. (f5ukl andre in Name.xdt file). I often read help
about
	-> "extra information" but no way, It don't work!

I've done a mistake when I wrote variable. It works fine, now.
Thanks for help
Best 73
Andre - f5ukl

	-1/ Check you have a variable name definition in your extra
	-data file, like :
	-
	-# VARIABLE $OPNAME
	-
	-2/ To confirm the variable is taken into account by WT, you
	-can display it in the Extra info wnd (contextual menu). BTW,
	-you can also add a title to these data with a line similar to :
	-
	-# TITLE Name
	-
	-3/ Use $OPNAME (the variable you defined in step 1/) in the CW
	-message.
	-Note that you can easily display the extra data automatically
	-(meaning on-the-fly with no need to press the space key to
	-make it updated), with an appropriate choice in the contextual
menu.
	-
	-4/ Finally, the CW variable substitution is *only* processed
	-in the internal CW generation (LPT or COM pin CW output) as
	-mentionned in the release file (3.2.0 (Aug 30, 2006)).
	-Currently, it is not implemented for WinKey or other interfaces.
	-
	-73
	-
	-Laurent - F6FVY