[WT-support] euhfc.dtb

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Fri Aug 3 15:11:15 CEST 2007

Hi Zoli

Zoli Pitman HA1AG a écrit :

> as far as I see this EUHFC DTB is full of DX calls. which are disturbing in EUHFC.

You're right. Nobody else noticed that before ;-)

I just modified the file (and removed the .zip - not really necessary).
Now, it only includes european callsigns with their appropriate licence
year. To be honest, this database is pretty old (2005) but AFAIK, there
is no more complete public database available.

http://download.win-test.com/databases/EU_HF.DTB

> I downloaded the latest master.scp from K5ZD webpage, and filtered out all the non-EU calls and named it to EU_HF.SCP  . It works fb but I needed to delete the HF.DTB not to have the DX calls (according to Wiki this is obsoleted anyway) and WT keeps complaining about not finding it at every startup.  However despite the complain the SCP works this way fb.

> According to the Wiki page: "The preferred format is SCP." and "Finally, if WT do not find a specialized file for the current contest, it will use HF.* and VHF.* files."
>
> So my question is why WT is complaining about not finding HF-WTB when it is not needed at the first place (the relevant SCP's are present and properly loaded). I tried it with only EU_HF.SCP and MASTER.SCP being present at startup as well as with both being in WT dir.

I will check that and inform.