[WT-support] CQWW rtty notes

Peter pc2a at pi4cc.nl
Fri Sep 29 19:48:38 CEST 2006

Hi

During the CQWW rtty contest we have our first live experiments with
wintest.
And I must say this was a good one.

Our setup 4 pc's with XP prof with sp2 connected in a lan
Wintest-3.4.1-dev , 3 opertor places, 1 spare with the winDxTelnet version2
Connection to the internet via adsl

As said we are new to win test we think we found some bugs.
- clicking a call, then F2, and then the numeric + generates the
own call in CW from the PC loudspeaker.
- sometimes a black bar appears when I tried to select a call in the
RTTY window and the call did not appear in the logging field
- after a while dxtelenet was broadcasting spots, but didn't accept
commands from wintest. shutting down dxtelnet resolve the problem.
- few time we got white windows and the systems was frozen.
- in the rx window we got red and green bars just when starting or
stopping the transmission.
- RST, DTR doesn't work in rtty mode (option,config interface, other
interface) so you need 2 comports to transmit

But again its was a great fun to work with win-test

Peter
PC2A at PI4CC