[WT-support] Problem with Ctrl-W in field Rcvd

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Mon Sep 25 10:48:47 CEST 2006

Hi Norby

OM Norby a écrit :

> I'm new to WT and decided to get accustomed to it since I will have to
> use it in a team effort. I therefore decided to do some random QSOs
> during the SAC.
>
> I had no problem setting it up and it worked fine for what I used it
> but one thing regarding the Ctrl-W key.
>
> According to the manual, Ctrl-W wipes the current field.
>
> If you hit Ctrl-W in the field Rcvd, the field gets cleaned. That's ok,
> you enter the correct value, hit Enter and you end up with a "* Error
> in field *" pop-up. It took me a moment to find out that the report is
> missing in that field. I added it to the exchange value and only then,
> I could save the QSO.
>
> Wouldn't it be a lot easier if WT would add the pre-set "59" report
> after you hit Ctrl-W or at least adding it itself after you hit Enter?
>
> Some may argue, use Backspace. I'm a lot more familiar with Ctrl-W and
> since this key exists, why not using it as intended?

Actually, what Ctrl-W does (wiping the whole content of the field) is
consistant for all fields. I'm personnaly not very prone to modify this
behaviour. Usually, if you hit Ctrl-W in this field, you *really* wanted
to modify the RS(T) part and the exchange part of the received report by
retyping it.

But, maybe we could also consider to add an option to be choosen by the
op. to wipe the entire field *or* the exchange part only, if Ctrl-W is
hit in this field ?

BTW, your report leaded me to a small bug to fix for the next release ;-)