[WT-support] wtDxTelnet released

Olivier F5MZN olecam at f5mzn.org
Tue Sep 19 17:35:50 CEST 2006

Hi -

I have just uploaded a new version of wtDxTelnet at
http://download.win-test.com/wtDxTelnet-2.0.exe.

This version 2.0 comes with various bugfixes. In addition, it is now
possible to define up to 10 different cluster profiles. That way, you
can connect to a different cluster without having to change each time
the DxCluster settings. Each profile can be named to ease remote
connection from WT.

You can telnet from the console or from the WT network using the
"telnet" command: "telnet f5mzn.org 9000" will connect to f5mzn.org on
port 9000.

You can connect to the default profile using the command "connect" with
no parameters. you can also specify, as a parameter, the profile name of
the cluster you want to connect to. Assuming that the profile for
connecting to f5mzn.org does exist and is named "F5MZN-3", enter
"connect F5MZN-3" (either on the console or from the ALT+T window in WR)
and there we go. This will also change the default profile to F5MZN-3.

NB: these commands can work only if you are not already connected to a
cluster.

Thanks to Lee VE7CC, we have also included a listing of the well known
telnet clusters. You can check it and if your favourite cluster is not
in, please tell me (I'll forward to VE7CC as well).

This new version will be included in the next WT release (full version
only). If you usually install the "upgrade only" version, I strongly
suggest to download and install wtDxtelnet v2.0 seperatly.

Best 73,
--
Olivier / f5mzn